News and events

Back to the list

Brighter Futures for residents of Tower Hamlets

Brighter Futures for residents of Tower Hamlets

Traditionally, shared ownership was designed to help people on low incomes get on the property ladder. Not any more. A new shared ownership scheme, provided by Gateway Housing called Brighter Futures, is available to people over 55.

Brighter Futures is for people who still want to retain homeownership but may also want to release capital to improve their lifestyle. It is the first of its kind for Tower Hamlets and will offer homeowners in the Borough the chance to buy a new, cheap to run and secure home. Buyers will be able to enjoy complete independence but will also have access to social activities and support from an on site manager.

Brighter Futures shared ownership will enable residents to buy a 75% share in a brand new home. There is no rent to be paid on the remaining 25% share, simply a monthly service charge.

William Cubitt Lodge are the first homes to be marketed under Brighter Futures. These new homes are being developed at Pier Street on the Isle of Dogs.

The show home opens on 22 April 2014.

If you would like to know more, please call us on 020 8709 4409 and email sales@gatewayliving.org.uk